Barre Center for Buddhist Studies, a multi-traditional Buddhist study and practice center in the woods of central Massachusetts, was founded by Joseph Goldstein and Sharon Salzberg in 1991. We offer a growing, diverse program of residential and online courses for folks who want to deepen their practice and enhance their understanding of Buddhism within a community.
Current Job Opening:
The Barre Center for Buddhist Studies seeks a well-organized, energetic, service-oriented individual with strong attention to detail to help plan and coordinate our growing online and (eventually, again) residential programs. Working collaboratively as part of our front office team, the Course Coordinator is an integral, public-facing member of the BCBS community and directly supports our students and teachers. Some evenings and weekends required. If you have online course support or curriculum development experience, solid technology skills, and a desire to make a real impact in a dynamic, Buddhist education retreat environment, we would like to hear from you! And we particularly welcome inquiries from Black and Indigenous applicants, and People of Color.
- Help plan and develop online programs
- Work closely with programming and front office teams to plan, schedule, and coordinate a variety of program initiatives
- Process applications and registrations for residential and online courses including maintaining housing charts, waiting lists, cancellations, scholarship requests, refunds, CE’s, etc.
- Field customer service inquiries via email, phone, correspondence
- Enter new courses and campaigns into SalesForce database
- Manage onsite courses (when we re-open) from orientation to closing talk in rotation with other members of the team
- Help set up our online Learning Management System (Canvas) with appropriate video, audio, and textual content
- Coordinate online meeting sessions with students and teachers
- Plan and coordinate on-site courses with teachers and assistants
- Assist with other duties as needed to support all BCBS operations
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work with detail while keeping the big picture in mind
- Sense of humor, flexibility, and willingness to perform various tasks
- Commitment to maintaining a warm, welcoming environment for all
- A sincere interest in contemplative practice and study
- Good technology skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office, SalesForce, WordPress, Canvas, Zoom, Submittable, Survey Monkey, etc.
This is a full-time salaried position offering health, dental, and retirement benefits, some meals, generous paid time off, and an IMS/BCBS staff sangha program. On-site housing is an option.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
BCBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.