Barre Center for Buddhist Studies, a multi-traditional Buddhist study and practice center in the woods of central Massachusetts, was founded by Joseph Goldstein and Sharon Salzberg in 1991. We offer a growing, diverse program of residential and online courses for folks who want to deepen their practice and enhance their understanding of Buddhism within a community.
The Barre Center for Buddhist Studies is looking for a skilled part-time Bookkeeper to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, donations, receipts and payments. Job duties include creating and analyzing financial reports and ensuring legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable, and manage invoices and tax statements. Our ideal candidate holds an Accounting degree and is familiar with software packages like QuickBooks and Salesforce. Works closely with, and reports to the Executive Director.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Enter data, maintain records and create reports and financial statements
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
- Prepare quarterly reports for the Board of Directors
- Complete annual tax forms
- 5+ years of successful bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Meticulous data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Experience with MS Office, QuickBooks, and Salesforce
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of colleagues
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Commitment to maintaining a warm, welcoming environment for all students and teachers
- Demonstrate cultural competency and a track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Strong work ethic, integrity, professionalism, and problem-solving skills
- A sincere interest in contemplative practice and study, and in supporting our mission through intentional, collaborative, collegial work.
This is a part-time position (10-15 hours/week) that requires some time each week on site in Barre. You will have access to courses, programs, and other BCBS staff activities and resources.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. BCBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds