We invite you to apply to volunteer at BCBS as a Monthly Working Guest, which entails a month's commitment to living and working within our community.
Working Guest Spotlight: Nikhil
Monthly Working Guest Program
Our Monthly Working Guest program is an opportunity to practice and study the dharma while living and working on campus. We are looking for folks who have an established meditation practice, retreat experience, and a sincere desire to be of service. Monthly Working Guest positions are arranged through a process of mutual discernment and may be extended upon mutual agreement.
Monthly Working Guests are expected to work approximately 25 hours a week, with at least two days off each week. Work is scheduled around the center's needs. Generally, Monthly Working Guests will work alongside BCBS staff members in exchange for room and partial board and will have access to the library and meditation hall as well as occasional dharma talks by teachers. The housing offered is an individual unit that includes a kitchenette for cooking.
Monthly Working Guest tasks are varied and include working in the garden, maintaining the grounds, housekeeping, and helping out on opening and closing days. Tidiness, initiative, attention to detail, and willingness to learn are all helpful attributes. Gardening experience is also a plus. Additionally, because tasks can be strenuous and physically demanding, it is essential that applicants be fit and in good health.
Duties may include:
- Cleaning kitchen areas, washing pots and pans, and/or filling in for a yogi job
- Doing laundry as well as stocking paper products and cleaning supplies
- Assisting with cleaning yogi rooms at the beginning/end of programs
- Window washing, painting, cleaning common areas, and special projects
- Working in the garden, including weeding, planting, and harvesting
- Lawn care, mowing, raking, tending flower gardens, and/or snow removal
If you are interested in participating in our Monthly Working Guest program, please fill out the application below, and we will be in touch.
Thank you so much for your generosity!