It is always a special treat when the BCBS Chefs serve dessert, and this one is perfect for your inner cookie monster. Fresh out of the oven and straight into your stomach, you will love this cookie recipe from Chef Zack!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings: 30 (but who can eat only one)
1 cup vegan margarine
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs (Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups vegan chocolate chips
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. Cream together margarine and sugars until combined.
4. Mix in egg replacer and vanilla until fluffy.
5. Mix in the dry ingredients until combined.
6. Add chocolate chips and mix well.
7. Scoop cookie dough using an ice cream scooper and place evenly on baking sheets.
8. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 8-10 minutes. Take them out when they are just barely starting to turn brown.
9. Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.