Cooking is an act of love and care for our chefs, and this curried chickpea recipe is no exception. Chef Zack brought this recipe back to life while exploring an archived cookbook. During an unusually cold and rainy retreat last weekend, Chef Tarrah warmed our hearts and spirits with this generous offering. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
1/3 cup Olive oil
1 1/4 pounds Onions diced
1 1/4 pounds Sweet Potatoes
1/8 cup Garlic minced
4 cups canned Canned Garbanzo Beans
1 7/8 tablespoons Curry Powder
2 1/4 cups Coconut Milk
2 5/8 tablespoons Tomato Paste
1/3 pound Baby spinach fresh
5/8 tablespoon Salt
- Cook onions in oil for 5-10 minutes until crisp-soft.
- Bake sweet potatoes until easily pierced by a pairing knife.
- Add beans, garlic, curry powder, salt, and coconut milk.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Add spinach and sweet potatoes.
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes.
SERVE WITH BASMATI RICE.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 237 Calories; 20g Fat (72.8% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 459mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat.