COVID-19 Safety Protocols at BCBS
August 24, 2022 Update
Taking into account the latest CDC and state of Massachusetts Covid 19 guidelines, we will continue using the following protocols during residential programs at BCBS for the safety of all until further notice.
- All staff, teachers, and students will be fully vaccinated for Covid-19, including one booster. Students will show their proof of vaccination when signing in.
- All staff, teachers, and students will also be required to show a negative Covid-19 test taken no longer than three days prior to arriving at BCBS (home test kits are acceptable).
- All participants will be given a rapid Covid-19 test to be self-administered when arriving at BCBS.
- N/KN95, N/KN94, or surgical face masks are required in all shared spaces. N/KN95s are highly recommended. Masks must be worn completely over the mouth and nose at all times in our indoor spaces unless eating or drinking (or talking in the case of teachers).
- We will continue to maintain social distancing indoors wherever possible. Teachers will be at least six feet from the nearest students while talking.
- All accommodations will be single occupancy; a few double rooms are available for friends who feel comfortable sharing a room, pods, and couples.
- All participants should have a plan for getting home quickly and safely should they test positive or come down with an illness while at BCBS.
We will keep windows open whenever possible and will have air purifiers running in the main indoor spaces. All surfaces will be regularly cleaned and disinfected. We expect all folks to be considerate of one another’s health and safety and to report to a staff person if feeling sick in any way. If you get sick before the start of a program, please stay home and your full deposit will be refunded.
Thank you for your care and cooperation. Any changes to these protocols will be posted here.
(Updated August 24, 2022)