COVID-19 Safety Protocols at BCBS
BCBS Re-Opening in Fall 2021.
We are committed to keeping everyone as safe and healthy as possible while here in residence. We will be operating in full compliance with all CDC and Commonwealth of Massachusetts guidelines. We request your cooperation as we do our best to follow current best practices and protocols.
What you need to know:
- We will be operating in full compliance with all CDC and Commonwealth of Massachusetts guidelines including travel advisories. https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-advisory
- We will be requiring everyone at BCBS to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As part of the registration process, participants will be asked to check a box indicating that they have been vaccinated and proof of vaccination will be required when you arrive. This is not a decision we made lightly; it reflects our best understanding of our responsibilities to maintain as safe a work and practice space as possible.
- We welcome anyone who is not vaccinated to participate in our online study and practice programs.
- Effective July 30, 2021:The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has issued a new mask advisory in light of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s updated guidance. Fully vaccinated individuals are advised to wear a mask or face covering when indoors (and not in your own home) if you have a weakened immune system, or if you are at increased risk for severe disease because of your age or an underlying medical condition, or if someone in your household has a weakened immune system, is at increased risk for severe disease, or is an unvaccinated adult.
- Air purifiers will be run in the dharma hall, classroom, and dining hall, and windows will be opened when possible for increased air circulation.
- Increased safety measures for food service include expanded outdoor and in-room dining options as well as more space between individuals in the dining hall.
- To reduce risk, only partners/friends will share the double rooms in the upstairs Farm House for the time being, so please let us know if you would like to share with a particular person when you register.
- Following best practices for residential retreat centers, we request anyone who becomes sick while at BCBS to inform us immediately. For the good of other participants, staff, and teachers, participants who are sick will have to primarily remain in their room until they can return home. We will provide a full refund to anyone who needs to go home early due to illness. If someone becomes sick and needs to be in a public space, they will be required to wear a face mask.
- Even as we do all that we can to minimize the chance of anyone becoming ill at BCBS, we also will require all participants to sign a waiver of responsibility acknowledging this risk when registering.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, thank you for your cooperation, and thank you for supporting BCBS so generously while we have been closed. We all look forward to seeing you here in the woods of central Massachusetts once again to share meals, cultivate friendship, and support one another’s practice in person.