This program addresses two overarching questions: How does the practice of liberation inform activism to benefit the Earth? How can Earth activism become the practice of liberation? This program is designed as practical instruction in Earth activism for people already practicing Dharma.
Through presentation and discussion, we will explore the following:
- Who are activists and what is activism?
- Where is the intersection of your passion and your abilities?
- The many dimensions of lifestyle as action.
- Environmental careers. Volunteering.
- The difference between vanguards and movement builders.
- The importance of stories and storytellers.
- Environmental history. Environmental justice. Indigenous rights. Biocentrism.
- Information as power. Organizing and campaigning.
- Goals, strategies, tactics.
- Paths to victory and change within.
- Motivating yourself and others.
- Violence and non-violence.
- Burn out, grief, and love.
No activist experience required. Love for the Earth is a prerequisite.